Business Solution Manager
We are currently looking for highly motivated Business Solution Manager to join our expanding London office. You will be working with some of the most technically gifted people in our industry.
- You will be acquiring new and continuing existing engagements through joint sales activity with a Business Developer
- You will manage the accounts within existing clients jointly with a Business Developer in order to identify new business opportunities with selected clients.
- You will manage all your engagements, ensuring that the project delivers the expected value for clients and that it solves the client’s business problem.
- You will ensure that their engagements remain within their budgets, that quality delivery meets the levels required by the client and that the delivery schedule is met
- You will drive or support the development of reusable solutions within the Solution Centre Enterprise
- You will represent Zuhlke in client meetings, at networking functions and at technical events and exhibitions.
- You will have commercial responsibility for the client projects in their engagement portfolio
- You will direct the Zuhlke staff and contractors who are assigned to any one project
- You will provide line management of any staff employed in the Enterprise Solution Centre, who work on solutions that you are responsible for.
- You will interface with business development and work jointly to qualify leads, write proposals, maintain and extend client relationships, create and develop solutions and solve issues in engagements that have been escalated.
- You will interface with Competence Centre managers on staffing requests and provide them with feedback for use in assessments of project members and to inform appraisals
- At least 4 years of experience as a project manager or comparable position
- Successfully managed a large / mission critical project of
– more than 8 team members and
– more than 600k budget (work and material) per year and
– commercial responsibility
Qualifications and skills
- Degree in a relevant subject (computing or engineering) or equivalent.
- Additional education in general management, service management or project management is a plus.
- Experience in managing Agile software development projects is required.
- Technical experience to at least Senior Developer level is required, and experience as a Technical Architect is desirable.
- Experience as a manager with P&L responsibility in an IT function, ideally in the service sector is advantageous, but not necessary.
- Experience in consultative sales is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge in applying modern software development processes, such as XP, Scrum, Lean and Kanban is paramount.
- Experience in estimating effort, duration and cost for software solutions and projects.
- Experience in risk assessment and management.
- Experience with making sales to complex organisations is desirable.
- Experience in product management and Life Cycle Management of products is a plus.
- Fluency and high degree of literacy in English is paramount.
- Working knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a requirement
To be successful you will be:
- Highly motivated and engaged in your daily work
- A strong team worker and team success oriented.
- Driven to learn and improve.
- Demonstrating the endurance required to attain long-term goals without burning out.
You will benefit from
- A generous budget for on-going training (9% of your time and a sizeable cash allowance)
- Achievement based career prospects
- Highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
Are you interested in working for us?